Back from an amazing and largely un-blogged summer.
Fabulous time at Avaloch with Hannah, Tonia, and some of our best friends. I learned:
- You can make a lot of sounds on a cello, even with poster tack on it
- Marimbas can bloom!
- Rounds are fun
- If you play snare drum you don’t need accompaniment
- Squirrel Busters are an instant win
- Sketch 8D$ was the best of them all
- Yoga hurts, but is worth it
- The Avaloch 15 is real
Thanks to Mike Kirkendoll for having me as a guest faculty member at the Cortona Sessions this year. We had a blast, with plenty of music, wine, cinghiale, and joy (maybe not in that exact order) to go around.
Looking forward to another exciting year at KU. I’m excited to welcome some great friends (Triplepoint Trio, Robert Honstein, Matthew Barnson, and the Yale Percussion Collective), play TWO (not just one) performance of JLA’s Inuksuit, pre-release our little album, and represent Jayhawks at the annual PAS gathering in Indiana. KUPG has another epic year planned, so stay glued to this space.