I am a percussionist, music-lover, chamber musician, collaborator, teacher, curator, and writer.
My mission is to advocate for the efficacy of contemporary music in contemporary society and to build community around the arts.
To do so, I:
- Commission and develop dynamic, ground- breaking new music
- Highlight new and recent music through carefully curated performances and high quality recordings
- Teach and mentor students to be strong advocates for their passions and skilled collaborators
- Organize and lead performances of important works for percussion
- Write in myriad media to highlight the creative process
- Document new works and unique interpretations of canonic percussion repertoire.
In each case, my work is driven by a desire to collaborate with my talented friends and colleagues.
Read more about some of my projects above.