Getting excited to head back up to Avaloch Farm for another season of inspiring chamber music and innovative collaborations.
Here's the full list of ensembles and composers joining us this season
In addition to learning from all the fantastic groups through osmosis, Avaloch is a key time for developing my own projects. This year I'm excited for:
- A week workshopping a brand new piece for cello/percussion, and pre-recorded cello/percussion with David Crowell, and then recording the whole kit and kaboodle at Guilford Sound. This piece was commissioned by a consortium of cellists and percussionists coordinated by New Morse Code, and we're super excited to share the final project.
- Returning to Thomas Kotcheff's 8D$ (composed entirely at Avaloch in 2017!) for a premiere at X2's season finale June 30.
- Workshopping new material for NMC and video with composer/performer crush Florent Ghys
- The return of Mike Truesdell+Mike Compitello (aka Mike Drop). This time: Georges Aperghis' Retrouvailles.
- Workshopping new snare drum music with Amy Kirsten, as part of our Unsnared Drum project.
- Digging into Robert Honstein's new piece for prepared marimba.